If you have questions about the curriculum for any of our programs, it's easy to contact our team.
Deciding on a bootcamp is a big decision, and we know you probably have questions. We've got a lot of resources designed to help answer your questions
Search the Knowledge Base
Check out the rest of our Knowledge Base—there's a good chance we've answered your questions in one of our articles. You can look through the categories or use the search function to learn more.
Download Our Curriculum
You can also download our curriculum packet to get more information about what we teach, tuition payment options, scholarships we offer and what life is like as a DigitalCrafts student.
View the Bootcamp page
Review the high-level curriculum to learn more about what we teach in our programs, along with schedules and blog posts from our team and students.
What will I study in the software development BootCamp?
DigitalCrafts software development certificate is designed to help students learn about website design, coding, architecture, and maintenance. In the software development bootcamp, you will study programming and coding basics, the ins and outs of front-end and back-end development, and the skills needed to pursue a career path in software development.
What will I study in the cybersecurity BootCamp?
In the DigitalCrafts cybersecurity bootcamp, you will study offensive and defensive cybersecurity measures that companies and the government use to protect their servers and vital information. These measures include testing systems for vulnerabilities and securing systems from attack. You will participate in hands-on work designed to provide skills to help you prepare to pursue a career path in cybersecurity. DigitalCrafts is an CompTIA Authorized Partner. In the flex program, the curriculum is designed to help you prepare to take several different CompTIA certification exams.
Is prior experience required?
No, though prior experience is welcome, it is not required to apply to DigitalCrafts. Incoming students are assigned the applicable 'Intro Course' to help ensure everyone has some exposure before class starts.
What is the NIST cybersecurity framework?
The National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST) Framework is a voluntary program and is a part of the U.S. Department of Commerce. The NIST is designed to help businesses of all sizes protect their networks and reduce their cybersecurity risks. DigitalCrafts offers instruction and practical application in this important aspect of cybersecurity in the business world.
When and where can I begin the cybersecurity bootcamp, and how long is it?
Our online, flex bootcamp program begins every five (5) weeks on Wednesdays. The length of time to complete the 27-quarter credit hour program will be dependent on the student’s progress and success in the program but can be completed in as little as 15 weeks.
When and where can I begin the software development bootcamp, and how long is it?
- Our online flex bootcamp program begins every five (5) weeks on Wednesdays. The length of time to complete the 27-quarter credit hour program will be dependent on the student’s progress and success in the program but can be completed in as little as 15 weeks.
What will I be able to do with the skills I learn in Cybersecurity?
- The Cybesecurity Bootcamp is designed to train you in offensive and defensive cybersecurity tools, tactics and strategies to defend against cyber attacks. You’ll be able to pursue a role as a Cybersecurity professional. Duties will vary but may include:
- Monitoring networks for malicious activity
- Configuring firewalls
- Designing secure network configurations
- Conducting vulnerability assessments
- And more
What if I am unsure if a bootcamp is right for me?
If you aren’t certain or not ready to take the step to a full course curriculum, DigitalCrafts offers free introductory courses designed to give you a jump start on your bootcamp education. These courses allow you to explore our different course offerings and choose the educational path right for you.
How many credits are available in Cybersecurity Program?
Our online, curriculum is a total of 27 quarter credit hours. Upon successful completion of this program, students can select a voucher to take one of six CompTIA certification exams.
What is flex instruction?Flex instruction provides students with one-on-one access to their instructor with feedback and mentoring as they access learning materials and complete labs and assignments each week. They will study on their own time and create their own schedule for assignment completion adhering to weekly deadlines. Optional weekly live sessions with your instructor, assignment feedback, and regular check-ins with advisors are designed to ensure the student is supported throughout their academic journey.
How can I be successful in the flex program?
- Review your syllabi carefully.
- Make note on a calendar of assignment deadlines.
- Attend live sessions with faculty.
- Schedule reminders to complete large assignments.
- Follow a schedule for learning - plan days and times to work on your class.
- Treat your study time as a non-breakable appointment with yourself.
- Find a quiet place to work or access your complimentary WeWork membership.
- Participate in course discussion boards.
- Stay in touch with the student success team about the next steps.